Ragú is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…it’s all Saucesome with the delicious help of Ragú® Sauce. I was asked to make a spin to Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan with Ragú® Old World Style Traditional Sauce. Easy enough right? This is a healthy spin of the amazing meal using Ragú sauce. The kids and I love eating anything chicken and Ragu has been an all time favorite growing up and is my go to sauce when cooking yummy meals for the kids and myself. The oven baked chicken parmesan recipe is super simple! You only need 4 ingredients.. ProteinPlus noodles which has 17 grams of protein, which is a win-win in my book! Picked up some chicken thighs and mozz cheese from the local grocery store as well as a bottle of Ragú Old World Style Traditional Sauce. So simple, I pulled out some chicken thighs, really you can use chicken breast, but this is what I pulled out instead. Chicken thighs are so juicy and amazing.
Then you add a nice layer of sauce and garlic salt/powder to the top. Then put them in the oven. Now you can either add the cheese before you put it in the oven or take it out a few minutes before and add the cheese, it works either way. I just choose to add it within the last few minutes. That’s how simple it is, then just add it with some pasta of some kind! Then you get some tasty looking like this below! This was a huge hit with the kids. They’re huge fans of anything chicken & pasta. They always love my cooking, because it’s cooked with loved! I cut up the chicken for the younger two and mix it in with their pasta and sprinkle cheese on the top. The older two have their chicken cut into stripes. It was a huge hit! Sometimes, if we’re lucky, I will make extra chicken, enough for leftovers for lunch the next day! This is the type of meal that the kids can help you make as well, at least the older ones. I love when my kids are helping in the kitchen, makes for awesome memories and food that taste amazing and made with love! You can’t beat that.
Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes. Don’t forget to to visit Ragú® on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for additional recipe ideas! Use the hashtag #Saucesome on twitter for more ideas as well.
The following post was sponsored by Ragú®.
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 per person eating)
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Traditional Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of Barilla ProteinPLUS Rotini Noodles
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook according to box directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 350° degrees. Lay out your chicken on a cookie sheet pan, I add foil for easy clean up.
- Grab a spoon and add a nice layer of Ragu sauce to the top of each piece of chicken and sprinkle garlic powder/salt on top of them and pop them into the oven for 25 minutes.
- When the noodles are done, add the remaining jar of Ragu sauce to them int a bowl/pan.
- -3 minutes before the chicken is done, pull them out and add shredded mozzarella cheese to the top of each chicken. Then pop them back in for the reminder of the 2-3 minutes.
- Cut up or just add chick as is on top of pasta!