?I spent the last two weeks on Pinterest trying to find a beer recipe. I kept seeing of beer bread, cheese dips and pretzels. So I was like, “I got a 6 pack of Dos Equis, let me just make as much stuff as I can.” So it ended up looking like this when I was all done. But check out this sweet recipe for soft beer pretzels and beer cheese dip in a french bread bowl. Throw on your sweatpants and get ready for the food coma that’s coming your way!
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves now, all of this food totally put me in a food coma, so I didn’t get to posting the recipes until now. I am sorry, but you don’t need a Super Bowl to make yummy food like this. You can make it tomorrow to either celebrate or eat your sadness away with some yummy soft beer pretzels and beer cheese dip.
Ingredients For Pretzels:
- 1 bottle of beer (12 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 4½ cups ounces all-purpose flour
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cups baking soda
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- kosher salt for topping
- vegetable oil for bowl
Directions For Pretzels:
- Warm the beer to 110-115 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with the dough hook attached, add the warm beer, sugar, kosher salt, then sprinkle the yeast on top. Let the mixture sit for about five minutes, or until it starts to get foamy.
- Add the butter and the flour. Turn the mixer to low to medium speed and mix until dough comes together.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead for 4-5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and clinging to the dough hook.
- In a clean bowl, add enough oil to coat the inside of the bowl and quickly form the dough into a ball and place in the bowl, turning once to coat the dough in oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel, then allow to rise for about 1 hour, until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425 & line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, bring 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a boil.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly oiled surface and divide into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece into a rectangle, then roll into a cigar shape. Bring the two ends of the rope up to form a “U” shape. Twist the two end pieces around each other once, then cross the end pieces back down to the bottom of the “U” to complete the pretzel shape.
- Add them 2 at a time to the pot of boiling water, allow them to boil for 30 seconds. Then remove from the water with a large spatula and place on the baking sheets.
- Brush each pretzel with the egg mixture and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
I divided my dough into 8 pieces, as if you’re cutting a cake or a pizza, because that was easier for the lack of country space. For someone who had very little counter space, my pretzels looked like a 5 year old made them. However, they came out perfectly cooked and still tasted fine.
Ingredients for Cheese Dip:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup grated white cheddar
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella, divided
- ¼ cup beer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a few dashes hot sauce
Directions for Cheese Dip:
- Preheat oven to 350
- You can use a medium bowl, I used the mixer bowl. Stir soften cream cheese until it’s smooth. Then add the grated white cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the grated mozzarella cheese, stir them all together.
- Add the garlic powder & beer, stir until completely mixed.
- Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until melted and top is golden.
- You can serve as is, but I got a french loaf of bread, digged out the center and poured it into that to make a bread bowl.
Dude, this made the whole house smell AMAZING! I wanted to sit there and eat it with a fork, it was so freaking good. I think I’m gonna start making this just to finish off the rest of the beer.
Did I make you hungry yet? Check out the Garlic Cheese Beer Bread & Chocolate Chip Fudge Beer Brownies if you haven’t yet. Do you really need an excuse to go out and buy some beer and make some tasty treats? Of course not. But let me remind you, Drink Responsibly & Enjoy Heineken USA brands responsibly.
Save This Soft Beer Pretzels And Beer Cheese Dip Recipe – Pin It on Pinterest!