This Weight Gurus Scale looks cool right? I was excited about testing this out, though I hate scales as a whole. When I saw there was an app too, I got a bit excited.. Until..
Their Info & What They Claim:
• HELLO! WE ARE THE WEIGHT GURUS: Thank you for taking a minute to learn more about our scale. Our goal is to help people master their health. That’s why we designed the Weightless Scale to make weight management more convenient with smartphone tracking and more encouraging with our Weightless technology. Read on to see if this is the right scale for you.
• A WEIGHT LOSS SCALE: The Weightless scale is the only scale specifically designed to encourage weight loss. The FREE Weight Gurus App tracks progress which encourages you to reach your goal. Our Weightless feature lets you manage your weight by how much you’ve lost instead of how much you weigh. With Weightless you decide how to view your weight – by the number (e.g. 173.4lbs) or weightlessly by weight change (e.g. -12lbs).
• SMARTPHONE TRACKING: If desired, sync weight by simply scanning your scale’s display with your iPhone’s or Android’s camera. Store entries, view trends and chart progress. (Smartphone not required for basic scale use).
• OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE: 100% satisfaction guarantee. 5 year warranty. Helpful product guides (instruction manual and setup videos).
• ALL THE FEATURES YOU’LL WANT: Auto Step-on (turns on automatically when weighing). Auto Off. Auto calibration. Auto user detect (important for multi-user homes – e.g. husband/wife). Supports up to 8 users. Non-slip, scratch resistant feet. 4 ultra-precision weighing sensors. 400lb capacity. BIA Analysis for Body Fat, Lean Mass, Water Weight and Bone Mass. +/- .1 lb resolution. Durable tempered glass construction. Large weighing platform (150 sq inches). Extra Large, Backlit LCD (4.3″). Kg / Lbs. 4 AAA batteries included.
My Thoughts & Complaints:
THE COMPLAINT: You know it’s starting to get really annoying when a company wants a honest review on their product, but then when you give a honest review that isn’t “OMG THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT EVER 5 STARS ALL AROUND!?!?!??!” They flip a lid. I get it, you want all 5 stars, you want everyone to be like, “5 stars, this must be great!” But you know what, you can’t please everyone. I’m glad they at least emailed me back on the website, not my personal email like that other company. But don’t complain to me, when I haven’t written my blog review yet. *shakes head* Note to future companies, I’m not going to sugar coat these reviews, I like the non-bs reviews. If it’s good, I will tell you, if it’s bad, I will tell you. There has to be no errors, no mistakes, all good stuff to get a 5 star.
THE REVIEW: Now that I gotten that out of the way, I like the idea of this scale with the measurements & the app as a whole. Except I got errors, therefore that alone turned me off.
— I tried the scale in different rooms. I would set up my user’s profile. I would test it like 3-4 times, each time I got a different number. I tried it in different rooms still thing happened. Yes, I made sure to calibrate it.
— Setting up the users, it’s complicated. Making that part alone a little bit more readable would of been great. Maybe it was just me.
— When it reads off your numbers, it’s on a timer, so you need to have the app open and ready, or it will shut off and you will have to go through the who process all over again. (really annoying)
— So if you actually plan on using the app to take a picture of the code it spits out, look at the picture above. that’s the view trying to “find the bar code” do you see one? No, no you don’t. Don’t worry my phone didn’t either. Not when it’s bright like that, not when it was dark. It worked ONE TIME. Otherwise, you have to enter it manually.
— It’s suppose to know which user is which profile when you stand on it, except no, that didn’t happen either, kept giving me errors. At that point, I gave up on this scale.
— I would step on my regular scale and it had a 2-3 lb difference, not a fan of a scale that makes me bigger than I am 🙁
— The app was free.
— That’s it.
So basically, if you don’t plan on using the app, then sure, this can be the scale for you. But otherwise, you’re better off with a cheap scale from Walmart. Noted, when emailing someone who gave your product a “bad review” don’t make them feel stupid, as if I don’t know how to work a scale! Hello… Here’s the email, “Although it can be a little challenging to understand, once you get it, I know you’ll see how easy it can be.” Sigh.